Network Service Tiers
1. Overview *
- Google Cloud Network Service Tiers optimize connectivity between systems on the internet and Google Cloud instances.
- Premium Tier delivers traffic via Google's premium backbone, while Standard Tier uses regular ISP networks.
- Use Premium Tier to optimize for performance, and use Standard Tier to optimize for cost.
- Premium Tier delivers Highest performance traffic by keeping it within Google's network as much as possible.
- Premium Tier is for services that need global availability
- Premium Tier is unique to Google Cloud
- Premium Tier is the default unless configuration changes are made.
- Standard tier is cost optimized traffic, which is routed over the internet.
- Standard tier is for services hosted entirely within a region
- Standard tier performance is comparable to other Cloud providers.
- Egress pricing for each of the Network Service Tiers is different.