3. Use cases
- Balancing workloads in network clusters.
- Implementing asynchronous workflows.
- Aggregating log data from multiple systems.
- Refreshing distributed caches.
- Distributing event notifications.
- Data streaming from various processes or devices.
- Reliability improvement.
Use case scenarios
- A large queue of tasks can be efficiently distributed among multiple workers, such as Google Compute Engine instances.
- An order processing application can place an order on a topic from which it can be processed by one or more workers.
- A service that accepts user sign ups can send notifications whenever a new user registers, and downstream services can subscribe to receive notifications of the event.
- An application can publish invalidation events to update the IDs of objects that have changed.
- A Google Compute Engine instance can write logs to the monitoring system to a database for later querying.
- A residential sensor can stream data to back-end services hosted in the cloud.
- A single zone Compute Engine service can operate in additional zones by subscribing to a common topic to recover from failures in a zone or region.