- Cloud Source Repositories publishes messages about repository to named resources called topics.
- Apps subscribed to Pub/Sub topics can receive these messages.
- When repository state changes, can receive an alert.
- Can configure roles and permissions for Pub/Sub topics to control how users interact with the Pub/Sub events that the repository generates.
- Can configure Cloud Source Repositories to publish events to a Pub/Sub topic.
- Can set the scope of this configuration to be the entire Google Cloud project or an individual repository.
- After it is configured, Cloud Source Repositories publishes messages to the specified Pub/Sub topic using a service account.
- Give the service account permissions to publish to the topic.
- With audit logging enabled for Pub/Sub, this service account is shown as the caller of the Pub/Sub APIs.
- Pub/Sub can notify when a user creates a repository, deletes a repository, or pushes a commit to a repository.
- Each event is a specific event type.