- All data in Cloud Storage belongs inside a project.
- A project consists of a set of users, a set of APIs, and billing, authentication, and monitoring settings for those APIs.
- Users can have access to one project or multiple projects.
- Cloud Storage uses a flat namespace to store objects.
- Google Cloud Console and gsutil can work with objects as if they are stored in a virtual hierarchy, as a convenience.
- A resource is an entity within Google Cloud.
- Each project, bucket, and object in Google Cloud is a resource.
- Each resource has a unique name that identifies it, much like a filename.
- There is only one Cloud Storage namespace.
- Every bucket must have a unique name across the entire Cloud Storage namespace.
- Object names must be unique only within a given bucket.