2. Build steps
- Executes build as a series of build steps, where each build step is run in a Docker container.
- Executing build steps is analogous to executing commands in a script.
- Steps executed serially on the same machine.
- Steps field is defined in build config file.
- Build steps are provided by Cloud Build, Cloud Build community, or custom build steps.
- Can execute build tool packaged into a container.
- waitFor option controls sequential steps.
- Each build step is run with its container attached to a local Docker network named cloudbuild.
- Docker network allows build steps to communicate with each other and share data.
- Dockerfile can be used to build the image by executing Docker builds in Cloud Build using the gcloud tool or build triggers.
- A build config file can be used in addition to Dockerfile to provide more customisation to the build.
- Standard Docker Hub images can be used in Cloud Build, such as Ubuntu and Gradle.